A Holiday Shipping Season Like No Other!
Nov 24, 2020
Can you believe it? We’re almost at Thanksgiving and then Black Friday will be here before you know. How will shippers avoid disruptions this holiday season, particularly when it comes to parcel shipping?
(HINT: WE CAN HELP!)
Here are three things to consider:
1. Since FedEx and UPS are operating at full capacity, you’re going to have variability. Make sure your promises to your customers communicate this and build in extra time.
2. If UPS or FedEx can’t pick up your shipments because you’ve exceeded the volume threshold, what are your options?
In our latest webinar, parcel expert Jerry Hempstead shared some great advice:
- Listen to this snippet from Jerry Hempstead to hear his advice for overcoming parcel limits.
- Or hear his insights about alternatives to FedEx and UPS.
- Plus, don't forget that everything is negotiable as Jerry shares in this snippet about the latest round of surcharges.
As Jerry mentions in his comments, you have the ability to negotiate with your parcel carriers—but you must understand your data. We can help you do that with our Parcel Toolbox. Understand your shipping patterns, needs, and position yourself to negotiate with your carriers. Now more than ever, this is imperative!
3. Look at the processes that are driving your freight. Our Transportation Spend Management Plan eBook helps you to evaluate the inputs that can influence your logistics costs.
If you'd like to hear the full webinar with all that Jerry and others shared, you can download it here.
Last but not least, we want to wish you and your family a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!